Our client is a well-known retail business with a strong brand and an impressive track record of growth and financial achievement both in the UK and internationally. The business is now looking to strengthen its International Division with the appointment of a commercially oriented, hands-on, Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
Operating across multiple territories, the International Division has a clear strategic vision and exciting growth plans. Managing a small team and reporting to the International Financial Controller, you will work in close partnership with the International management team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing financial and commercial analysis and information to support operational business decision making
- Managing and overseeing all management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and planning processes, providing full analysis and insight of key business drivers
- Delivering improved management information (including preparing enhanced weekly reporting and board packs) developing new reports and models as appropriate
- Analysing business performance, challenging assumptions and highlighting any risks and opportunities to improve performance
- Managing and developing a team
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, qualified accountant with a skill set covering short and long-range forecasting, planning, analysis and budgeting, with a commercial outlook. Prior exposure to owning and driving improvements across an FP&A function will be essential, including a detailed knowledge of P&L metrics coupled with advanced Excel skills. Previous experience of working within a multi-territory, retail or broader consumer-facing organisation would be highly advantageous.
You will be comfortable 'rolling up your sleeves' and immersing yourself in the detail. The role requires flexible thinking and a dynamic, innovative approach as new business challenges arise, as well as constantly looking for ways to move existing processes forward.
As a confident self-starter, you will have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and build strong relationships across all levels. You will have the credibility and gravitas to challenge current thinking and influence in a positive and constructive manner both within finance and cross-functionally. With clear enthusiasm and drive you will thrive in a fast-paced and change-oriented 'start up' environment.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job