This Financial Director role is working for a legal organisation based in Merseyside.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant and must have experience of working in a law firm
The role itself will involve:
- Management of the Accounts Team.
- Management of the day-to-day finances of the business including the supervision of the daily reconciliation of the Office and Client Account balances. Investigation into any anomalies that may be identified.
- Preparation of Annual targets/budgets/forecasts, presentation of the same to the Board for approval and distribution of Targets to Heads of Department and on to Fee Earners where required.
- Preparation of regular Management Information and the presentation of the same to the Board. This includes the monitoring and Analytical Review of financial results and KPI’s against targets/budgets/forecasts.
- Review the Performance of Departments and Individual Fee Earners against Target and discussion of the same with Management/Fee Earners to identify potential trends or areas of improvement. Adjustment of Targets/Budgets/Forecasts and re-presentation to the Board where required.
- Review, work with Management and present to the Board changes in Charge Out Rate and Fixed Fee Levels ensuring maximum profitability and recovery of Costs.
- Assisting the MLRO with matters relating to Money Laundering Regulations and ensuring the correcting and immediate identification/verification of funds arriving into the Business and Client Bank Accounts.
- Preparation of the monthly Payroll, together with RTI reporting to HMRC and calculation and payment of taxes and National Insurance Contributions based thereon.
- Management of the Pension Scheme, including the assessment of new staff, re-assessment of existing staff, calculation of Employee/Employer contributions and the payment of the same to the Pension Provider.
- Preparation of the Quarterly VAT Returns, including submission of the same to HMRC and the prompt payment of the arising Tax Liability.