This Financial Director role is working for a legal organisation based in Merseyside.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Accountant and must have experience of working in a law firm
The role itself will involve:
- Management of the Accounts Team.
- Management of the day-to-day finances of the business including the supervision of the daily reconciliation of the Office and Client Account balances. Investigation into any anomalies that may be identified.
- Preparation of Annual targets/budgets/forecasts, presentation of the same to the Board for approval and distribution of Targets to Heads of Department and on to Fee Earners where required.
- Preparation of regular Management Information and the presentation of the same to the Board. This includes the monitoring and Analytical Review of financial results and KPI’s against targets/budgets/forecasts.
- Review the Performance of Departments and Individual Fee Earners against Target and discussion of the same with Management/Fee Earners to identify potential trends or areas of improvement. Adjustment of Targets/Budgets/Forecasts and re-presentation to the Board where required.
- Review, work with Management and present to the Board changes in Charge Out Rate and Fixed Fee Levels ensuring maximum profitability and recovery of Costs.
- Assisting the MLRO with matters relating to Money Laundering Regulations and ensuring the correcting and immediate identification/verification of funds arriving into the Business and Client Bank Accounts.
- Preparation of the monthly Payroll, together with RTI reporting to HMRC and calculation and payment of taxes and National Insurance Contributions based thereon.
- Management of the Pension Scheme, including the assessment of new staff, re-assessment of existing staff, calculation of Employee/Employer contributions and the payment of the same to the Pension Provider.
- Preparation of the Quarterly VAT Returns, including submission of the same to HMRC and the prompt payment of the arising Tax Liability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job