Financial Data Analyst
Great opportunity to join leading global professional service practice experiencing growth across the UK and in its Newcastle Analytics team hub thanks to major business wins with large and blue chip clients operating in diverse market sectors.
Working in advance of Assurance assignments and in support of activity such as bid and tender processes, main Financial Data Analyst responsibilities include:
• Scope the analytics assignment with the client service team
• Liaise with clients to obtain required data and extract from client systems
• Develop an understanding of how to use popular accounting systems (e.g. SAP, ORACLE, SAGE)
• Populate the company’s proprietary analytical tools and understand the audit assurance obtained from them
• Design and perform tailored analysis to help the client service teams better understand the client's business and ledgers
• Present the results of the data analysis to the client service teams
• Liaise with the audit service teams to understand the results of their investigations and root causes of anomalies/trends within the data
• Identify opportunities of further work
• Understand client IT systems to support client service teams
• Understand, investigate and document client IT environments and the systems used on a daily basis
• Identify controls within the IT environment regarding physical and logical access, plus controls around applications software and program change
• Liaise with the audit service teams to understand the results of investigations and the impact on the financial audit
As Financial Data Analyst, you will need:
• Strong relevant Analyst/Accountant skills and experience, probably gained in industry/commerce
• Part/Nearly/Fully qualified (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent)
• Sound working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Access, MS SQL Server/Visual Basic ideally with ERP and Accounting systems
• A good understanding of Audit processes
• Strong communication skills including report writing and presentations
• Customer focus and high levels of drive, confidence and initiative
• The ability to deal with high pressure situations and meet deadlines
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Financial Data Analyst, Newcastle
- Advanced Excel
- External Audit
- Financial Data
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'