Our client, a leading Financial Services organisation, is hiring for a Financial Crime Investigator; providing operational support to the Financial Crime Team in the prevention, deterence, identification and investigation of fraud and money laundering. To help manage regulatory risk through compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and industry codes, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Investigating financial crime concerns, offering guidance to underwriters/operations with reference to next steps.
- Processing external information requests and enquires that may be related to fraud and/or money laundering issues
- Analysing information, summarising findings, recommending taking appropriate action.
- Keeping up to date with on-going changes in legislation, policies, procedures and practices
- Liaising with law enforcement and other government bodies and external parties in relation to financial crime activities.
- Maintain appropriate records relating to all Compliance activities
- Proactively communicate changes which may impact policies; business processes; management and compliance risk management controls etc
- Represent Financial Crime/Compliance in discussions throughout the business, adding value and enhancing the reputation of the department and company as a whole.
- Previous experience in a Financial Crime Prevention / Compliance role preferably within the mortgage industry
- Highly PC literate to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Familiarity with systems such as SIRA or Hunter would be desirable.
- Ability and willingness to see task through to completion
- Tact and diplomacy
This is a full-time, permanent position, working Monday to Friday.
Please apply online to be considered.