This is a great first role out of practice or would suit someone with a practice background.
We are looking for a high calibre candidate to join one of the largest FS companies in the area.
This is a new role and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand their responsibilities. This is a key role in the finance team as you will lead on one of the most important deliverable reports for Finance. You will be working closely with the wider Finance team including FP&A and treasury.
Working within the finance department the role will have responsibility for the control environment with particular focus on the documentation of regulatory controls and compliance with control methodologies in coordination with the Permanent Controls team. The Controls Accountant will be responsible for the local adoption, review and progression of finance controls and will work closely with all members of the finance team reviewing and making recommendation on key processes. The Controls Accountant will foster a climate of controls best practice with process notes, process flows and narratives in place where appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Part or fully qualified accountant - ACA, CIMA, or ACCA
- Experience with control documentation and assessment
- Experience of working in a dynamic finance environment
- Experience with change management
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Advanced Excel
- Experience of working in a control environment an advantage
Skills and knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Restless curiosity on analytics, process improvement
- Strong business acumen and customer focus, develops business knowledge to enable better understanding of processes
- Action-oriented and resilient, staying composed and focused under stress
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Strong decision quality skills
- High level of integrity and trust
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"