The Finance People are supporting a well-known online retail business operating in multiple overseas locations in the recruitment of an ambitious and driven Financial Controller.
The successful candidate will be leading an established finance team of 6 team members This role is suited to someone who has gained experience in a similar role, is confident in their own ability, and has the ambition to progress to a Board appointment. The successful candidate will be expected to head up the Finance Function with attendance at Board meetings, present financial information to senior members of the management team, enhance financial controls and identify improvements required and implement them.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the CEO and other members of the Board you will be responsible for all financial reporting.
- Detailed and regular reviews of trading activities and tax returns prepared by the Finance team. This includes VAT, GST, and other sales tax returns across a number of overseas jurisdictions as well as management of UK and overseas supplier payments.
- Coordinating and improving day to day accounting processes, including:
- Sales ledger reconciliation and reporting on cash sales.
- Managing multi-currency supplier payment run processes.
- Management and reconciliation of complex purchase ledger systems including those operated by the China Buying office.
- Financial and operational projections using the Fathom forecast reporting system.
- Treasury and Cash flow management across multiple currencies and banking arrangements.
- Commercial support for business decisions made by the senior management team.
- Ad hoc tasks as directed by the Board.
Experience and skills required.
- A desire to improve processes, controls, reporting, and decision making.
- Some experience operating at a senior level.
- A willingness to become involved in the detail where this is required.
- Strong team leadership and a willingness to develop the Finance Team through the provision of structured support and the attainment of formal qualifications.
- Flexible and resilient with a desire to meet business deadlines.
- Problem solver who can manage change in a positive manner.
- Good at building working relationships with personnel at all levels within the business.
- Able to thrive at coordinating management teams handling multiple tasks.
- Stock accounting or complex purchase ledger experience.
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills are essential.
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA Qualified.
- Retail, distribution, or commerce industry experience preferred.
- International Import/export experience or experience of international compliance would be useful.
Our client is offering a work-life balance with a mixture of office / remote working. 2-3 days office-based.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'