Group Financial Controller for a fast growth SME based in York going through an exciting period of development. This role will offer not only a diverse responsibility with board exposure, accounting and commercial but also the chance to put financial rigour and systems in a business that is set for one of the biggest performing years in its history! As Group Financial Controller this role will support the commercial decision making whilst reporting to the board whilst also offering a clear pathway to becoming a Finance Director! This, combined with a business turning a healthy profit and 15% EBITDA to turnover and operating internationally, is some achievement from a Yorkshire SME! As Group Financial Controller, this role will be responsible for, and not limited to;
- Manging the UK Finance Team
- Production and analysis of monthly group P&L results
- Financial Planning and Analysis whilst supporting and driving commercial decision making
- Managing the group budgeting and forecasting process including ad hoc quarterly forecasts
- Analysis and commentary of overhead results against performance to the budget including previous year
- Conduct monthly reporting and review of group BS and control
- Production and presentation of the board packs and MI
- Be responsible for group treasury, Hedging and FX policy
- Work in partnership with operations and commercial to ensure margin optimisation
- Lead the group tax planning strategy and ensure compliance across the group.
Essentially, this role is targeting a technically strong qualified ACA/ACCA/ACMA with post qualified experience. A good understanding of both management and financial accounting with a desire to pick up significant commercial exposure including Financial Planning and Analysis is desirable. Stakeholder management is a given at this level and you must be able to demonstrate an ability to challenge and shape commercial decision making. In a role that is likely split 70/30 accounting/commercial, you must be able to show commercial acumen combined with a technical grounding and expertise.
Few Group Financial Controller roles cover such a broad yet engaging responsibility or both accounting and commercial and this would be an excellent move for a 2nd moving practice ACA/ACCA or technically strong industry trained ACMA/ACCA with some group exposure. A well-remunerated package in a business about to launch new products - Financial Controller roles don't get much more exciting than this! Shortlisting for this key position will start next week and with a pathway to FD, this is certain to be an exciting journey in a growing and dynamic organisation with a driven and committed board team. Please get in touch immediately or send your CV direct in application.
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Group Accounting
- budgeting and Forecasting
- FInancial Control
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'