* Financial Controller
The company is a multi-discipline professional firm of Chartered Accountants, Lawyers, Solicitors, Consultants, Recruitment and Financial Advisors based in London and Slough offering a wide breadth of services. Our client base is a really interesting mix, not only in terms of the industries they operate in, but also in terms of their size and location, ranging from individuals to listed companies, and from the UK to all over the world including USA, Australia, New Zealand, India, and Europe.
As a highly experienced financial controller, you will manage the compliance and day-to-day financial activities of the four main trading entities. You will be a key part of the support team to ensure the firm runs smoothly and efficiently.
Reporting to the COO, the role will be based in Slough, but travel to the London office will occasionally be required.
Your main responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes, reviewing and sense checking all financial reports for completeness and accuracy, and understanding variances to budget and prior year
- Manage the working capital position of the firm via close supervision and involvement with credit control, WIP balance monitoring, and weekly cashflow forecasting
- Manage the annual budgeting process and Partner profit share calculations
- Working closely with each department head to be able to put reported figures into context and communicate this accurately and succinctly
- Ensure adequate financial processes and controls are maintained throughout the firm, and deliver training sessions to departments to remind them of their responsibilities where necessary
- Regular review of orders and costs to ensure spend levels are appropriate in line with policy and budget
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is in place to check accuracy of all cash and bank transactions and entries particularly in respect of regulatory requirements around client money and anti-money laundering
- Prepare quarterly bank reports including any necessary covenant compliance reporting and act as liaison for all banking matters
- Oversee the firm's monthly payroll, intercompany recharging and quarterly VAT return processes
- Regular review of all GL accounts and associated ledger reconciliations
- Work with the COO to help monitor productivity and other key performance indicators
- Work with COO to help deliver operational projects alongside colleagues in other departments such as IT and HR
- Manage a team of 5
- Qualified accountant (ideally ACA) with at least 7 years PQE
- Relevant experience in professional services firms would be desirable
- Previous experience in leading and/or helping deliver organisational changes
- Strong interpersonal skills and 'can do' approach
- Excellent organisational skills are essential coupled with a logical thought process and lots of initiative
- Keen to seek out areas for improvement and be a driver of change
- Strong people manager
- Discreet, confidential and trustworthy
- Strong IT skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'