A rapidly growing boutique asset management firm based in Central London requires a Financial Controller to manage and lead a Finance team of three; to maintain the financial integrity of the business and to support management in driving business value creation. This includes maintaining the control environment and ensuring that the team prepares proper books of account to be used for external and internal reporting and decision-making support.
The Finance team is responsible for day to day transactional accounting, converting that data into useable and comparable financial information for monthly reporting purposes, and using the analysis to support strategic and operational decision making.
The organisation offer: outstanding opportunity to fast track your Financial Controller career; good access to the owners; prestigious central London office and facilities. The position is offering a basic salary of £75,000 - £85,000 + bonus.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for delivering the financial accounts, management accounts, tas reporting, regulatory reporting, management reporting and maintaining robust internal controls.
- Prepare annual financial accounts and manage the audit process with BDO.
- Maintain accurate books of account that align with appropriate accounting policy.
- Ensure that the regulatory reporting requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Provide regular management accounts to support management in understanding performance against targets.
- Support the decision-making process through provision of relevant Ml to management.
- Manage the provision of technical accounting, tax and regulatory advice as required.
- Support business projects, M&A activity and efficiency activities across the Group.
- Form a close working relationship with the Partners, team heads and other executives.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including key suppliers, advisers, bankers and auditors.
- Effective management of the Finance team and individuals in order to meet objectives, identify and address skills gaps to ensure team members are competent in their roles.
- Ensure that financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth, including the design and implementation of robust internal controls.
Skills and experience
- Qualified member of an accountancy body (ACA / ACCA) possessing at least five years post qualification experience.
- A background within Financial Services - Asset Management / Investment Management / Banking
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Strong modelling and analytical skills.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
f you possess the key skills and experience and are looking to develop and progress your career in an outstanding Financial Control position this is an exceptional opportunity to join a high performing asset managerment organisation in Central London.
For further information and to register your interest in this exceptional Financial Controller position please apply with your full CV details for immediate review.
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Services
- Management Reporting
- Regulatory Requirements
- Tax Reporting
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'