Our client is a well-established fiduciary organisation based in Gibraltar. They are looking for a Financial Controller to manage the company’s financial accounting, reporting, and control activities and to ensure they are carried out efficiently; to produce regular management accounts and information to enable management to make quality business decisions.
- To produce monthly management accounts and information monitoring various aspects of the company’sperformances within the specified timescales
- To investigate, report, and explain to the Managing Director, Group Financial Controller, and Board of Directors, variances between actual and budget figures, variances from agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPls), and other exceptions
- To take the lead in liaising with the company’sexternal auditors and other advisers and to ensure financial statements are signed-off within the required reporting deadlines
- To prepare statutory financial statements in accordance with applicable Accounting Standards and other legislation
- To prepare regulatory reports statements in accordance with applicable Accounting Standards and other legislation
- To prepare corporation tax computations and manage the submission of these to the Income Tax Office as well as dealing with queries raised by them
- To manage the company’scashflow and treasury function
- To liaise with respective managing directors and company’smanagement teams regarding the financial implications and consequences of business decisions made
- To provide strong leadership and direction to the finance team. To ensure clarity of roles, key deliverables, and personal objectives
- To attend meetings with directors and prepare and manage budgets and business plans for the life assurance companies. To ensure that all budget holders understand and comply with agreed financial procedures and stay within their budget constraints
- To liaise with directors and ensure that internal accounting systems, processes, and controls conform to accepted accounting principles and are robust and support the needs of the business
- To head and manage the billing process and ensure it runs efficiently by liaising with Operations team and senior management and producing relevant reports. To ensure that invoices are sent out to clients in a timely manner and to raise ad hoc invoices where necessary
- To manage the cash collections process efficiently by liaising with Operations, and senior management and producing relevant reports.
- To work closely with Risk Management, Internal Audit and Actuary in business process reviews and the provision of management information
- Experience of working in a Financial Controller position with deep knowledge relating to finance, financial transactions, financial statements and reporting
- Experience in completion of Statutory Accounts, implementing new accounting standards
- Experience of working in a controlled and deadline-driven environment
- High level of commercial awareness with an understanding and appreciation of business practices, approaches, organisation, politics and culture
- Attention to detail, logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with a can-do attitude
- Maturity and confidence to approach people at all levels of seniority with the ability to use tact,
- sensitivity and teamwork
- Methodical, analytical and decisive
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to interact effectively with staff members at all levels and jurisdictions and other third parties
- Qualified member of a recognised accountancy body preferably ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Understanding and working knowledge of Solvency II
- Financial Controller
- Financial Services
- Regulatory Requirements
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'