Up to 50,000
An excellent opportunity for an experienced accountant to join a multi-generational family run business, who are looking to appoint a Financial Controller to manage, mentor and develop an established finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who believe in British made, high quality, excellent value for money and who provide a great service.
The role of Financial Controller
This role is ideal for an experienced, highly motivated, and professional accountant looking for a new challenge to lead and motivate an established team. You will play an instrumental part in this business’s infrastructure. You will have significant experience of a variety of accounting practices including preparation of management accounts and reporting financial information to aid in the strategic business decision making process. The ideal candidate will have recent people management experience and have a proven track record in process improvement with the ability to maintain the smooth running of an established finance team.
- Creation and execution of business strategy alongside the Managing Director will drive sustainable growth and mitigate risk for the business
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts
- Direct responsibility of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances
- Identifying and delivering process improvements, drive improvements across the finance team
- Managing, mentoring, and developing a finance team
- Processing a weekly payroll for 65+ employees
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate findings and recommendations
- A sound technical accounting background
- Would suit an ACCA/CIMA/ACA Qualified or QBE Accountant
- You will ideally have SME Manufacturing experience
- You will be used to working in a fast-paced business and you will thrive on making improvements to processes
- Your style will be "hands on", positive and engaging with the ability to build great relationships across the business
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller
- Management Accounts
- SME sector
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'