Apex Search & Selection are recruiting for a Financial Controller for a leading manufacturer of low maintenance building products.
As Financial Controller you will be the senior financial lead on site, responsible for all aspects of the Finance function and administration for a business with revenues of c.£30m operating across 5 sites, based in Tamworth. This role will be responsible for the timely and accurate production of monthly management accounts, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, cost-centre creation and management, procurement and day to day management of staff, as well as maintaining a strong control environment
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be expected to be a business partner to the MD, working with the management team to implement and drive the business strategy, improve profitability and working capital management and ensure policies, procedures and processes are adhered to.
You will be responsble for the following;
- Work with the Business unit MD in the creation of strategic plans, evaluating strategic growth opportunities to increase market share and profitability, challenging budgets and business plans, ensuring that resources are allocated in a prioritised way to maximise operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Responsibility for the costing and stock system, work with the Business unit MD in understanding profitability and costing/pricing of products.
- Develop and improve forecasting, both P&L and cash flow.
- To ensure all Divisional/Group reporting timetables are met, and accounting procedures and controls are maintained.
- Proactively challenge the existing internal control environment to identify weaknesses. Develop and embed effective procedures and controls.
- To drive the development of business reporting, providing meaningful insight and analysing and reducing the cost base.
- Supervise the purchase and sales ledger and ensure all payments/receipts are managed correctly with a view to maintaining optimal cash flow.
- To prepare VAT returns each quarter and be responsible for year-end accounts for consolidation into the Group accounts and corporation tax packs required for Group reporting.
Key Requirements for the role
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to support, develop and improve the team and able to challenge Senior Management.
- High level excel skills / data manipulation, high level of IT proficiency.
- Commercially minded.
My client can offer a fantastic career opportunity with a industry leading benefits package. If this sounds like you please apply now.
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'