Financial Controller, ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified, Northamptonshire, £60-65k + Benefits
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Controller to join the finance team within this highly reputable national group, based in the Northampton area. This position is pivotal to this group to ensure high standards continue to be achieved and deadlines adhered to. This Financial Controller position will see the individual join a close-knit team in a friendly environment.
As Financial Controller, you will work closely with the CFO, overseeing the head office finance team to ensure that central processes and reporting requirements are achieved within suitable timeframes. You will also deputise for the CFO during any times of their absence. You will actively develop and promote the team through effective management and mentoring, whilst identifying opportunities for systems and process developments.
Your key areas of responsibility as Financial Controller will include:
- Manage preparation of Head Office revenue
- Preparation of monthly/ad-hoc budgeting/forecasting
- Management preparation of VAT returns and statutory reporting
- Oversight of payroll process for 2000+ employees within the group
- Coordinate training of regional & head office personnel
- It will be essential that you have had experience of leading and understanding internal payroll processes - the payroll team members will report into this position and it is critical that the Financial Controller has knowledge of best practice and current legislation in payroll.
The ideal individual must be an ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountant, who is a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills. You will be able to work closely with multiple sites and stakeholders, developing relationships and providing relevant training where needed. You will ideally have had experience of leading a small team in previous positions. You will be comfortable around multiple IT platforms and processes, as well as being intermediate to advanced level in Excel.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'