Financial Controller opportunity within a growing manufacturing SME offering full financial management responsibility over all business operations and long term career development and progression.
An established manufacturing SME currently enjoying significant growth, winning large contracts and diversifying into new areas of business. The business is renowned in its specialist sector and provides bespoke solutions to clients ranging from public sector organisations to multi-national Plc's.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accountant to join the business as Financial Controller and take full responsibility for the financial management of the main business and its subsidiaries. Reporting to and working closely with the MD you will perform a 'hands-on' finance lead role, strengthening your experience of producing and interpreting management accounts for the improvement of the business, whilst gaining exposure to important projects such as systems implementation.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing and overseeing a small finance team
- Producing detailed Monthly Management Accounts and presenting to the MD and Board
- Analysing variances within the manufacturing operation and updating project budgets
- Implementing project and job costing within the business operations
- Dealing with statutory accounting, tax and compliance work
You will be an experienced finance professional able to demonstrate the following:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA Qualified (or QBE)
- Experience in a 'hands-on' No.1 or No.2 Finance Manager role within industry (SME preferred)
- Proven background in Management Accounts production and analysis
- Desire to take on finance related projects for the improvement of the business
If you are a Management or Financial Accountant seeking career progression to Financial Controller level this opportunity will offer you a No.1 Finance role with the prospect of tackling business critical projects and developing into an SME Finance Director position.
Please contact Alastair McLean at Lucas McLean Recruitment to discuss this opportunity.
- Financial Controller
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'