Currently working with an established Private Equity backed SME businesses based in Greater Manchester that is looking for a Financial Controller as the company embark on a period of growth.
Robert Walters are currently seeking a Financial Controller to join an established Private Equity backed SME businesses based in Greater Manchester. The organisation that we're representing have recently been through a growth phase and are seeking a Finance Manager / Controller to lead a well established, high performing team. The business is in an incredibly strong financial position and have incredibly healthy financial projections for the year ahead. Sitting within the organisational head office the business require an all round Financial Controller who can report directly into the FD and take ownership for the day to day management of the finance division.
Once in role the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the financial reporting processes and a small finance team. The individual will be working closely with the FD for and will be taking a lead on the following areas.
Key responsibilities include;
- Working alongside the Finance Director to lead on all monthly, quarterly and year end statutory reporting processes
- Planning and implementing a yearly reporting timetable
- Delivery of all budgeting and forecasting processes
- Liaise with non-finance stakeholders to deliver financial recommendations and efficiencies
- Deliver key MI and the management reporting pack to the executive team
- Identify and deliver internal efficiencies and other cost saving / commercial strategies
- Analyse key financial information and make commercial recommendations
- Delivery of improved working processes across the finance division
- Liaising with key third parties including auditors and the banks
- Day to day management of the transactional finance team
The successful applicant will ideally be CCAB qualified accountant and will ideally have experience of working in a growing SME organisation. The candidate will be technically strong and will have the ability to lead a finance division through the monthly reporting and commercial processes. The candidate will need strong communication skills as they will be liaising with stakeholders from across the organisation and the board. The ability to be highly analytical and provide commercial and tangible value add to the organisation is essential. The mid to long term plan for this role will be for the post holder to develop within the organisation with the view eventually of becoming part of the board. Consequently the successful post holder will need strong communication skills, high levels of ambition and the gravitas to develop the existing finance team.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'