My Client are the UK's leading manufacturer based near Rushden are recruiting for an enigmatic experienced Financial Controller to join their growing team. The purpse of the role is to provide financial expertise across all operational and commercial matters and lead the financial accounting, reporting and control activities for my Client ensuring efficient and effective management of company finances. The role will include managing a varied team , so leadership and man management experience is desired.
- Ensure a robust financial control framework is in place, monitored and maintained, to safeguard the assets of the business;
- Ensure that the financial reporting provides relevant, timely and accurate management information;
- Managing and co-ordinating quarterly stock takes including preparation and processing of manual stock sheet to obtain accurate valuation in a timely manner;
- Coordinate and produce monthly Management Accounts to strict deadlines, ensuring that all Balance Sheet Accounts are reconciled each month, taking corrective action to guarantee timeliness and accuracy of information;
- Control and develop as required, all reporting for budgets, forecasts, and annual statutory accounts;
- Provide support to the Finance Director and operation teams within the business; analysing and interpreting the accounts, ensuring that managers fully understand the financial impact of the decisions being made;
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with the business to provide operational support and guidance as required;
- Perform any ad-hoc projects, reports and investigations required by the board of directors;
- Responsibility for ledger management and control;
- Ensure adherence to all legal, statutory and accounting requirements generally which affect the company. This specifically includes administration relating to value added taxes, National Statistics, data protection and money laundering;
- Liaise with external stakeholders including solicitors, banks and auditors. Taking responsibility for the annual audit planning and completion.
- Provide effective leadership to the finance team, monitoring performance and potential and providing the direction, training and motivation necessary to secure their optimum commitment, competency and maximum efficiency;
- Proactively develop and maintain internal business processes and IT systems to improve processes, accuracy of data and access to informationMaintain integrity and confidentiality of all financial records of the business;
- Conduct business in an ethical and fair manner, protecting the Company’s best interests at all times;
- To attend training as required by the Company and take responsibility for own self-development;
- To contribute to improving the performance of the team by putting forward new ideas and by implementing change when requested to do so;
- To carry out any duties commensurate with the role and as deemed suitable by the Company.
- Qualified by experience in practice or industry in financial accounting and management of teams
- Degree - Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA). Experience and Knowledge
- Financial accounting principles such as debits and credits, controls and procedures;
- Financial administration and management including purchase and sales ledger, bank reconciliation, accruals and prepayments, monthly management accounts;
- Cost analysis;
- Corporate taxes including PAYE and VAT;
- Strong IT and systems knowledge including advanced Excel capabilities.
- Financial Accounting within a manufacturing environment, especially using an ERP system;
- Audit preparation and management for an external auditor;
- Experience of payroll processing and legislation including P11Ds.
- Finance Team
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'