A new position has been created for an experienced and professional Financial Controller to join a fast paced, high growth company that specialises in manufacturing based in Lancaster.
Reporting directly to the MD, the Financial Controller will be maintaining, controlling and reporting on all aspects of the companies' finances and budget management. Working closely with the Managing Director and Senior Management Team, the FC will support the preparation and management of the budget, advising on budgetary controls as necessary you will also have overall responsibility for managing, controlling and improving all aspects of their financial and management accounting systems, with line management responsibility for one Finance Officer.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
* Ensuring that the financial processes contribute to business efficiency and achieve regulatory/reporting compliance.
* Maintaining and presenting financial accounts to the required timetable - monthly, quarterly and annually.
* Reconciliation of VAT returns
* Proactively providing statistical and management information as required.
* Managing cash and banking facilities, and currency exchange, including cash flow forecasting.
* Maintaining the integrated purchase, sales and nominal ledgers
* Ensuring that invoices are raised in accordance with delivery milestones, and that Credit Control activity is carried out to achieve timely payment of invoices.
* Providing data and advice to support budget management - e.g. P&L reviews, budget planning
* Working with our payroll provider to ensure that salaries are paid accurately and on time
The right candidate must be able to demonstrable skill and knowledge in maintaining and improving financial and accounting systems you need to have a strong technical knowledge of finance.
You will have the confidence and aptitude to work fairly digitally, this includes accounting systems, office packages, and a desire towards streamlining and automating wherever possible you should also have the willingness and ability to maintain and develop your knowledge of the overall business offering and technical nature of their products.
In return you will receive; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, flexible working hours, childcare vouchers, life insurance, income protection and healthcare cash plan.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'