Financial Controller - Leeds - up to £50,000
Join one of the fastest growing businesses in Leeds and help to build the financial management function.
We are looking for a CIMA qualified accountant to play a key role in taking the business to the next level of growth.
You'll be looking after the company's financial reports and contributing to the development of a corporate strategy that will be capable of supporting the growth of what is already one of the fastest growing companies in Leeds
We are looking for a finance professional who can demonstrate that they are able to:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments;
- Manage regular financial activities, like VAT returns, and corporation tax in the UK and internationally.
- Cost analysis of all aspects of business processes including marketing, sales, production, distribution, and customer care.
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts;
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions in multiple currencies, and regularly reviewing internal reports;
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing;
- Ensure that all financial transactions in all currencies are properly recorded, filed, and reported to fulfil the requirements of HMRC and equivalent bodies around the world;
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems that comply with all government regulations and legislation including VAT in the UK and other international markets;
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all UK and international regulations;
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports;
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities;
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies;
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations;
- Report with timely and accurate financial information.
- Manage a monthly payroll.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate that they have the following work skills:
- outstanding mathematical skills;
- solid written and verbal communication skills;
- high attention to detail;
- organisational skills;
- critical thinking;
- a methodical approach and problem-solving skills;
- research and analysis skills;
- analytical skills;
- ability to reflect on one's own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions;
- proficiency in IT;
- understanding of data privacy standards.
Ideal candidates will also be able to demonstrate that they have the following personal characteristics
- business acumen and interest;
- organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines;
- teamworking ability;
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- interests outside of work; you don't need to be a gym regular to join our team, but we do talk about it a lot!
- Accounts Assistant
- Compliance tax
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"