Seymour John are working exclusively with a Birmingham based PE backed business that has consistently grown 30% year on year for the last 5 years. The business has been recognised as one of the region’s best employers and has won countless industry awards.
The business is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to report into the Finance Director. We are recruiting with succession planning in mind and as such we are looking for a candidate with aspirations to become Finance Director in the mid-term.
As Financial Controller you will take on full responsibility for the running of the Finance department with significant scope to provide added value and input to the financial performance of the business.The Financial Controller will be responsible for all day-to-day finance activities including management of a small team, processes and controls, credit control, purchase ledger, management reporting and payroll.
Skills & Experience
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, monthly reporting to external investor and ad hoc analysis as required
- Cash management and liaising with bank
- Approval and processing of weekly payment runs
- Monitoring of credit control function
- Assessing credit risk and supporting credit controller/sales/implementation when adding customers and agreeing payment terms
- Overseeing payroll
- Management of finance team
- VAT reporting including EC sales
- Liaise with operational managers to solve problems and help improve performance
- Prepare for and deal with year-end statutory audit
- Deal with bank audits as required
- Review and adapt systems and controls and maintain up to date process manuals as required
- Maintain relationships with key finance suppliers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"