Financial Controller - Sheffield - £32,000 + 25% BONUS + Study Support
Your new company
A well established and successful business based in South Yorkshire looking to add a Financial Controller to their already well established team reporting to the Finance Director whilst liaising with other internal and external colleagues.
Your new role
The Financial controller will be responsible for all of the day-to-day operations in the finance department, managing a small team and reporting directly to the Finance Director.
You will be responsible for the company's financial reporting, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual accounts. You will manage all of the company's transactions, from accounts payable to payroll, through to general operational finance.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
* Preparation of accurate period accounts and other management information as necessary for review with various departments
* Control of the site's budgeting process including department reviews, reviews with GM and submission to and subsequent review with FD.
* Management of the weekly sales & profit analysis
* To control all cash and credit revenues of the business, and to ensure the banking of all receipts in accordance with company instructions
* Complete bank reconciliations for all accounts
* Ensure sales are reconciled and posted to the financial system
* Sales ledgers are to be accurate and outstanding debts pursued in line with company policy
* To manage the stocktaking process, the reporting of variances and recommendation of solutions
* To develop cost control processes that add value to business efficiency
* To support the sites and individual departments on cost reduction initiatives
* To ensure that expenditure is controlled in accordance with guidelines and all other items / materials are within
budget to maximise profit
* To complete payroll on a fortnightly basis, including all posting to bank, HMRC & pensions
* To manage weekly & monthly supplier payments runs and ensure creditors are paid in a timely manner
* Maintain the companies Fixed Asset Register
* Assist in the production of the annual year end file for presentation to the external accountants
* Be the lead point of contact as part of the annual audit by the external accountants
* To recruit, coach and develop the team. To establish highly motivated teams who take ownership for the achievement of the business objectives
* To effectively manage the performance of the team, liaising with HR to ensure a positive outcome
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be Part qualified or qualified in either CIMA , ACCA or ACA (Study support available) coupled with 3-5 years' experience in a similar role. Experience of SAGE is beneficial coupled with excellent attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate good judgement skills showing sound and logical decision making, and a hands-on approach.
What you'll get in return
My client is offering a fantastic opportunity for a well experienced finance professional with a highly competitive salary of up to £32k + 25% BONUS + full study support and package dependant on experience and skillset.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"