Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Financial Controller for a growing site in Leicester who are part of a larger Group. This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in an ever changing, fast moving business who are going to be involved in some very exciting projects. You must be fully qualified and will have strong technical accounting knowledge coupled with strong team management skills. You will be responsible for the internal and external reporting to Group and will have a dotted line into the Group FD and support the MD on a day to day basis.
The successful Financial Controller will be working for a growing business that are part of a much larger Group who operate across the UK. You will be working with a small and talented team who understand how the business operates and are looking to double in size over the next 5 years.
As the Financial Controller you will responsible for the:
- Manage the site Finance Function (no. 1 on site in finance), ensuring strict Controls across the site, closely business partnering Operations and the MD, ensuring the provision of accurate financial information and assisting in strategic planning to support the effective running of the site.
- Key contact for all finance related matters, both internally within the site and externally with other sites or with group, providing relevant, accurate and timely information to ensure the efficient running of the business.
- Oversee the Site Finance team, working to develop the site as a centre of excellence.
- Prepare the annual budget and weekly forecasts as well as variance analysis.
- Work with the senior management team to develop and implement strategies for the growth of the business.
- Plan and implement working capital targets which will improve the cash flow.
- Work closely with the MD in relation to the financial impact of all commercial and operational matters.
- Reconciling and auditing of financial control information ensuring a "right first time approach" is taken.
- Financial governance and control for all aspects of the site in line with IFRS.
- Maintain true and accurate financial records and audit trails for all statutory, internal and external auditing purposes.
- Continuous improvement throughout the finance department, identifying and implementing best practise initiatives.
As the successful Financial Controller you will be:
- A fully qualified Chartered Accountant
- Manufacturing or FMCG background would be preferential
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team management skills
- Ambitious with a drive to succeed
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £60k - £70K
- Car or car allowance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job