Success Recruit are currently working with a well-established and growing property developer based in Central Essex who are currently looking to recruit a Financial Controller due to their continued growth and development.
This is a newly created position and the candidate will be working closely with the Head of Finance and have the opportunity over time to develop into the company’s Finance Director.
The successful candidate will ideally come from the construction industry.
The successful Financial Controller will be expected to:
- Be a qualified Accountant, either CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Have a strong commercial awareness with the ability to add value
- Be able to analyse data, interpret and relay information
- Be highly computer literate with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Advances Excel, Sage Construction, Anaplan and Viewpoint
- Have strong financial modelling, budgeting and forecasting skills as well as the ability to present variances and improve performance
The successful Financial Controller will be rewarded with:
- A chance to be a part of a growing and well-established company
- Competitive package
- Autonomy in the position and career development for the successful individual as growth continues
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the Financial Controller will be to ensure the business operates in a compliant way and the finance function has strong systems, controls and processes. The candidate will be expected to provide financial advice and guidance to the Managing Director and the Senior Management Team.
Duties to include:
- Produce profit and cashflow forecasts on a monthly basis projecting forwards for the next 5 years together with relevant KPIs and analysis
- Produce an annual budget and monthly management accounts with comparisons to year to date expectation, including all relevant KPIs
- Manage cash against cashflow forecasts and ensure all stakeholders are paid on time
- Provide 'stewardship’ to the Managing Director to ensure business decisions are justified financially
- Lead the implementation of new business software and be responsible for the day to day running of this software, acting as administrator as required
- Manage and develop a small finance team in addition to recruiting quality team members as the business grows
- Manage statutory compliance including the annual audit process, VAT, CIS, Corporation Tax, etc
- Manage key relationships such as Bank and Auditors
- Ensure fully compliant with all legal accounting regulations and deadlines
- Various ad-hoc reporting as required by the business
Monday to Friday - 8:30am to 5:30pm - flexibility to work outside these hours will be required
Circa £50,000 Dependent on Experience
- Annual Budget
- Commercial Awareness
- Corporation Tax
- Financial Advice
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job