Investigo are seeking an Immediately available Financial Controller who will be primarily responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting records of the Legal Entity (ies) in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS of a Household named business in Hertfordshire.
The Jobholder supports the monthly and quarterly accounting closing process, ensures compliance with statutory requirements and works with local management to ensure that business processes and controls are established and followed.
The jobholder works closely with the Finance team and shared service centre to ensure accurate accounting.
- Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate financial records for the trading of the Legal entities activity in accordance with local GAAP and IFRS.
- Responsible for the Legal Entity control environment
- Communicating closely with regional finance lead and Country Business Leaders, ensuring timely, accurate and complete monthly reporting.
- The jobholder will ensure that monthly balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed on a timely basis.
- Review of sales contracts and terms and conditions to ensure that revenue recognition criteria are met and reviewing purchase contracts / discussion with FD's to ensure that liabilities are properly accounted for.
- Timely preparation of technical papers in respect of all significant one-off items
- Ensure that statutory financial statements and all other statutory filings are completed in-house and in line with local deadlines.
- Deal with matters raised by the statutory bodies in a timely and professional manner.
- Represent the company's financial interests to stakeholders e.g. government bodies, tax authorities, PR, CFO, networking.
- Participating or leading system, operational or process changes as required.
- Acting as the interface for internal and external audits and driving simplification and continuous improvement of financial processes.
- Working closely with the businesses on initiatives and advising on implications from a local GAAP and IFRS point of view.
- Providing financial support in respect of major decisions affecting the organisation i.e. strategic initiatives including pension and worker's compensation issues, etc.
- Assisting with customer financing in line with approved corporate models and ensuring that rebates (conditional and unconditional), promotion and inventory protection are properly accounted for where appropriate.
- Must be results oriented, decisive, proactive and focused.
- Must show confidence in communication to a wide range of audiences and present information in a clear, professional and open manner.
- Needs to be able to build strong relationships with colleagues from businesses and external/other internal stakeholders.
To apply -
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- A good working knowledge of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or MS Dynamics
- Expert in excel, proficient in pivot tables & look ups
- Strong local GAAP & IFRS knowledge.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job