HBL is a rapidly expanding and long-established business who are significant leading specialists in operating amusement arcades and games at some of the world's largest and most well-known theme parks. Working in partnership with some of the most respected Blue-chip organisations in their field, they have a very strong and evolving global presence in numerous countries across Europe, the US and the Middle East and they now operate from exceptional brand new purpose-built premises in North Wales.
The newly appointed Financial Controller will play a pivotal role in leading the Finance department as it supports the business growth at the most exciting time in the company’s history and will ensure continuous refinement of processes. As number one on-site, the Financial Controller will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the finance team ensuring that all deliverables are completed to both a high level and in a timely manner, whilst ensuring interactions with both internal and external stakeholders across the globe are managed effectively.
Applicants must be progressive, approachable and committed to supporting and driving the business forward as it moves in to the next exciting phase of global expansion. There will be a significant requirement to work closely with members of the Senior Management team in a collaborative and entrepreneurial manner. The leaders in the business demonstrate an impressive wealth of knowledge of their industry and a genuine passion for the future successes of the business and ambitions to double turnover.
- Supporting the Director of Finance in developing and delivering the organisation’s financial and business strategy.
- Management of the finance function team, payroll and loss prevention including the mentoring and developing of the team’s capabilities.
- Management of all third-party relationships including auditors, tax advisors, HMRC, pension regulator, legal advisors, banks and insurance brokers.
- Accurate and timely preparation of month end management accounts and business information, including monitoring of trading and performance against budget and reforecasts.
- Provide promotional analysis and strategic commercial solutions.
- Timely preparation of board report and presentation to board.
- Ownership of the annual budget and reforecasting process.
- Review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis.
- Management and control of statutory audit and preparation of accounts.
- Support internal stakeholders, providing finance services to Central Support and Operations.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the accounting and control information held in and reported from the organisation’s accounting systems.
- Ongoing IT systems development following a recent ERP implementation project.
- Continuous review of financial, control and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the organisation in consultation with the Director of Finance
- Updating, reviewing and documenting the organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
- Preparing and analysing cashflow statements, currency trends and requirements (including hedging).
- Planning projects as directed by the key stakeholders, exploring potential problems or opportunities, ensuring that resources and staff are available to execute the project. Carrying out any necessary research, analysing it and concluding on that information.
- Developing and maintaining programme of control over the company’s international filing requirements.
- Providing financial management support for the organisation’s programme delivery and consulting activities.
- To promote and ensure compliance with the organisation’s policies.
Applicants must be fully qualified and ideally degree educated with experience of leading a finance function and a proven track record of sound financial decision making. Exceptional knowledge of accounting principles and practices and international finance exposure along with gravitas, tenacity and excellent negotiation and communication skills is critical. Very strong IT skills with an emphasis on Excel will be a given.
Benefits will include Bonus, Family Health Care and Pension
Please note that Heyland Recruitment is acting as the exclusive recruitment partner on this role, so any third-party applications will be forwarded to us for consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job