- Financial Controller
- Fast growth SME Fashion Retail business
- Central London based
- £60,000-£70,000 plus benefits
A fast growth SME Fashion Retail business is looking to hire a Financial Controller role on a permanent basis based in Central London. The business has doubled in revenue year on year over the past 4 years, reporting strong operating profits in 2017, as a result this is a newly created role which will be supporting the Retailer in driving further growth including expansion into international markets.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be taking full ownership for managing the finance function which will include enhancing the planning, budgeting and forecasting, overseeing the day to day accounting and managing a small team. The role will have extensive stakeholder engagement, responsibilities will include:
- Taking ownership of the planning, budgeting and forecasting including improvements of existing processes
- Business partnering with the board and the CEO, providing them with financial reports, analysis and advice to help drive commercial decisions
- Supporting the business with the expansion into international markets
- Taking full ownership for the production of month-end, monthly management accounts and cashflow management
- Responsibility for Quarterly VAT returns
- Managing a small team finance team involving recruitment and overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations
- Managing the implementation of a new finance system and improvement of existing systems
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA) with the ability to take full ownership of the finance function for an SME business. You must have proven experience working in a hand on yet commercial role where you have demonstrated that you have added value to the business through improvement of processes and providing commercial advice to stakeholders. Experience working in the Retail sector desirable but not essential as is knowledge of the Xero system. Personality is key, you must be passionate about working for a Fashion Retailer, proactive and committed to driving the business forward and have confidence and excellent communication skills to be able to partner with the senior management team.
In return for your hardwork, you will gain the opportunity to progress in line with the company’s growth. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary as well as a 10% bonus, 25 days holiday and Retail items at cost price.
- Financial Controller