Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Financial Controller for a very profitable and growing manufacturing business based in Birmingham who are part of a large Group. This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in an ever changing, fast moving business who are going to be involved in some very exciting projects over the next 12/18 months. You must be fully qualified and will have strong technical accounting knowledge coupled with strong team management skills. You will be responsible for the internal and external reporting for the Head Office, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and the maintenance of appropriate financial controls.
The successful Financial Controller will be working for a highly profitable business that are part of a much larger Group who operate globally and therefore the opportunities are endless for someone with true ambition. You will be working with a small and talented team who understand how the business operates and are looking to double in size over the next 5 years.
As the Financial Controller you will responsible for the:
- Completion of reporting to deadlines set by HQ
- Production of full month end file to support the reporting and management accounts production for sign off and review by FD
- Weekly preparation and submission of weekly sales and orders for HQ
- Production of yearly statutory accounts pack and tax pack
- Maintenance of an appropriate control environment - completion of the internal controls declaration and development, implementation and reporting of the improvement plan
- Completion of the quarterly VAT returns
- Preparation and supervision of a full suite of balance sheet reconciliation's on a monthly basis with appropriate back up and explanation for FD review
- Preparation and implementation of annual and daily stock cycle counting processes
- Preparation and reconciliation of salaries allocation journal and related control accounts
- Completion of the monthly margin review report from month end records and liaising with the Sales Manager for updates on on-going projects and the inclusion of new projects to be monitored.
- Chairing of the margin review meeting to review with Sales the results from the previous month ends
- Completion of the monthly budget / forecast versus actual spend by department, reporting to the MD, FD and budget holders to identify spend outside of the budget for the remainder of the year and highlighting potential areas of under/over spend.
As the successful Financial Controller you will be:
- A fully qualified Chartered Accountant
- Manufacturing background would be preferential
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team management skills
- Ambitious with a drive to succeed
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Financial Controller:
- Base salary of £60k
- Car or car allowance
- Career progression
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job