Based in Thame, Oxon, our client is a market leading company looking for a Finance Controller to support their UK Operations.
This job would suit a qualified accountant (ACA, ACMA or ACCA) with a strong academic record and a proven record of success managing a finance function, ideally in a manufacturing environment. The job will involve driving the finance function across the businesses and overseeing the day to day financial accounting of the business.
This company is a growing global business with sites worldwide and is a world leader in its industry with award winning product. The Financial Controller will be a key member of the UK leadership team tasked with driving the business forward.
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) and able to report and explain financial results to local and regional management. The candidate should have strong problem solving and project management experience with excellent IT and communication skills. It is essential the candidate has risk management and advisor relationship management skills within an environment driven by tight schedules as well as the ability to manage and develop a strong Finance team.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility for the production of the management and statutory accounts for UK businesses
- Ensures compliance with Corporate Policy, Local Statutory requirements and UK GAAP
- Responsibility for the current month's forecast, interim forecasts and annual budgets using appropriate tools to track performance to forecast and ensure a 'no surprises' environment
- A clear understanding of the business' performance drivers and actively participate in operational matters and engage with business partners (including Sales and Operational Managers)
- Managing the development and updating of standard costs
- Business Partner to UK Management Teams, monitoring business performance and providing understanding behind the numbers to drive performance.
- Providing business analysis and financial information on a timely basis
- Undertakes ad hoc projects as required
- Supports CFO and Global team
- Challenges current working practises and processes to drive improvement with the finance department and operations
For more information about this role or any other Finance Controller, jobs in Thame, Oxon, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability