We are supporting our client, a specialist Education provider, with the recruitment of a qualified professional into the role of Financial Controller, to be based from their head office in Wimbledon.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you will need to be fully qualified ACCA/CIMA, with significant and relevant role and education sector experience.
This is an important post in an expanding company with a turnover of circa £15m. The post holder will play a major part in the development of the company and will be a string leader. They will also act as a Deputy to the Group Business Manager in their absence
PROFESSIONAL DUTIES/TASKS IN ACHIEVING RESPONSIBILITIES
• The post holder will be expected to provide business advice at a strategic level. The role has specific responsibility for the company finances to SMT and the Board
To ensure the Company makes the best possible use of resources through effective strategic planning and analysis of the financial implications of company plans
To produce timely and fully costed proposals and ensuring they are sustainable e.g. through a three year financial cycle and setting and maintaining budgets.
To understand the effects and implications of relevant government policies, legislation and directives and develop effective strategies to enable the company to respond to these changes.
• To develop, implement and oversee all Finance systems, processes, procedures and controls. Review the above on at least an annual basis.
• Ensure compliance with the Schools Financial Value Standard [SFUS].
• Oversee, review and make recommendations on finance software packages as required
• Prepare all financial returns for the DfES, local authorities and other central and local government agencies within statutory deadlines.
• Manage the day to day finances and accounting procedures of the company. Provide accurate and timely financial information including weekly cash flow, monthly management accounts and related information.
• Undertake day to day accounting procedures across the finance department related to management accounts, budgeting, payroll etc and provide cover across the function when other team members are absent.
• Prepare quarterly Vat return
• Prepare Year End draft accounts
• Key point of contact with the auditors, tax advisors and other financial professionals
• Account to the Group Business Director for the overall financial position of the Company and take appropriate remedial action as and when required to ensure the continued financial stability of the company.
• Manage the Company’s cash flow and maximise income generation as it relates to the Company’s cash flow forecasts and ensuring best value principals are adopted.
• Be responsible for budget management, and related variance analysis. Lead and manage business and finance meetings for each of the school sites throughout the Group
• Be responsible for developing budgets for projects and assessing the financial implications of such budgets.
• Be responsible for devolving of budgets to appropriate department heads, project managers and their senior staff and supporting budget holders in the management of the budgets.
• Oversee all aspects relating to the credit control process.
• Train and supervise staff as required
• Oversee the maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Negotiate, manage and monitor suppliers’ contracts and service level agreements (SLA’s) for the provision of support services e.g. mobile phones, leases for equipment etc. premises agreements, car leasing agreements.
• Assist in developing budgets for tenders to local authorities.
• Research the company’s insurance needs and negotiate annual contract. Implement risk management and loss prevention strategies to reduce insurance costs.
• Ensure best value principles are applied to all contracts.
• To be Deputy to the Group Business Director and actively deputise for them in their absence
• Under the direction of the Group Business Director work to develop appropriate quality assurance processes related to finance and contract management.
You will be expected to travel to each of each of the school sites on a regular basis.
This company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such all candidates will be asked to provide full references and the successful candidate will require an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure.
Fully qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA
Leadership & Management Previous experience of strategic management
Previous substantial staff management experience
Management experience in an education or related setting
Experience of managing non financial staff
Knowledge & Experience Proven project management skills
Substantial experience in a finance management role
Core finance and accounting skills and knowledge of good financial practice and systems
Experience of budget setting and producing monthly management accounts
Proven experience of developing strategic financial/business plans
Experience of devolving budgets to appropriate department heads, project managers and their senior staff, and supporting budget holders in the management of the budgets.
Excellent experience of Sage accounting package
At least intermediate skills in MS Office and must be advanced in Excel
Experience of negotiating and managing contracts including premises contracts.
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Finance Department
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job