Our client is a dynamic and fast-growing online retail business, c£45million+ turnover majority B2B but some B2C. They are looking to appoint a fully qualified Financial Controller, who will be a key member of their forward thinking and driven senior management team. This newly formed role has been created as a result of their continued success and substantial growth over recent years. This is an exciting time to join the business, presenting the opportunity to make a significant impact on its future shaping you will be working closely with the Managing Director and other key personnel across the business.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for leading and managing all accounting and finance processes, to ensure that the company achieves its financial and business objectives. In addition they will also be responsible for the ongoing development of the finance team, processes and systems to ensure that the Managing Director, parent company and business managers receive reliable, timely and accurate information.
- Overall responsibility for the finance function, including the supervision, training and development of the accounting team (currently 6 members of staff).
- Enhance existing systems and processes necessary to maximise efficiency and provide excellent financial visibility
- Responsibility for preparation of monthly management accounts and reporting variances. Quarterly full accounts in IFS format
- Financial Analysis and KPI reporting
- Cash flow management and working capital
- Month end accounting duties including journals, accruals, prepayments, stock invoices and bank reconciliations
- Quarterly VAT returns & EC Sales returns
- Lead the annual budget process and forecasting
- Preparation of annual statutory reports
- Liaison with third parties, including auditors, banks and legal as necessary
- Provide local expertise for UK GAAP, IFRS & Tax matters.
- Reviewing commercial annual contracts including utilities, changing suppliers as appropriate.
- Adhoc duties as required by the company
Experience, skills and qualifications required:
- Fully CCAB Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with several years of practical professional experience of financial management and reporting
- Have a proven track record of working in all areas of an accounts department
- Strong communication skills; within own department and with non-finance staff.
- Experience of managing a finance team.
- Relevant technical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and business tax.
- Online/Mail Order business background preferred.
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics is advantageous and advanced Excel skills essential .
- Distinctive analytical skills
- High-level of dedication and independence, proactive working style
- Reliability and precision
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary region £45,000 - £50,000 depending on skills and experience.
- Company pension scheme
- Annual leave: 25 days + bank holidays
- Finance Manager
- Financial Controller
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"