This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed management team in a well-funded, Private Equity backed property business. The Financial Controller will be responsible for setting up the finance function, implementing systems, processes and reporting. There are plans in place for significant expansion and it is hoped the Financial Controller will want to be part of that journey. Owing to this being a newly created role, those looking for flexible or reduced hours will also be considered.
- Implement systems, financial controls and efficient processes
- Produce budgets, forecasts, cashflows and month end reporting
- Balance sheet management for all sites
- Financial administration (prior to hiring an Assistant)
- Investigate and report on variances against forecasts
- Analyse cost base and seek out efficiencies
- Manage external relationships, including HMRC, suppliers and the outsourced payroll provider
- Answer queries and regularly liaise with PE backers
The role requires a dynamic and ambitious accountant who will enjoy working as part of a close-knit team. The candidate must be capable (and willing) to manage all aspects of the finance function, from simple bookkeeping to detailed analysis.
A summary of the key candidate requirements are as follows:
- 'Hands on’ accountant, proficient at both financial and management accounting
- Ideally will possess experience of implementing systems
- Confident personality with first class communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and independently solve problems
- Commercially aware
- Willingness to independently learn new skills
- Excellent IT skills and proficient user of MS Excel
If this sounds like you then please get in touch.
- Decision Support
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting