Expanding, high potential, VC-backed retail business requires Financial Controller to join its leadership team as it embarks on an ambitious plan to open in several new territories, building upon having quickly and healthily established a unique, vibrant proposition and solid reputation.
You will be responsible all areas of finance including:
• Providing robust, clear and timely financial and management information to support decision making such as regular accounts, analysis, reports, appraisals, budgets and forecasts
• Ensuring that the business operates efficiently, effectively and as profitably as possible
• Contributing to strategic development
• Appropriate liaison with third parties such as shareholders, funders, banks, HMRC, auditors and key suppliers
• Growth and development of the finance team
• Continuous systems and process improvement
• Compliance and best practice in other areas such as HR, quality and health and safety
You will need:
• Proven Financial Controller, Finance Manager or similar "no.1" finance experience, preferably gained in food and beverage retail, restaurants, cafes, bars, hotels, leisure or similar. Experience in a high growth VC or PE backed SME is also attractive.
• Strong commercial acumen
• First class technical skills and accountancy qualification (ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA or equivalent preferred)
• Excellent interpersonal skills - a progressive, cooperative and high integrity approach
• Advanced technology skills and knowledge - accounting systems and applications such as Sage, Xero and Excel
Please note: High levels of interest mean we will only contact you if your application is shortlisted and this will happen within five working days. You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
- Financial Controller
- Food Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job