Our client is looking for a fully qualified, bright and super motivated Finance Professional!
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be £40-£50k per annum dependent on experience
The role is based out of Milton Keynes,
You'll be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Main Purpose and Role
- Responsibility to ensure all mainstream financial accounting and control systems are in place at site level and group level.
- To ensure all management information requirements are met to prescribed standards and timescales.
- To report at Board level on the financial health and projected profitability of our sites, brands and company as a whole.
- Build strong and trusting relationships with operations
- Provide financial insight and identify new opportunities
- Make recommendations on how financial performance can be improved
- Challenge under-performance whilst maintaining relationships
- Own and manage the budget and forecast process for the group
- Take ownership of the balance sheet and cash flow for the group
- Manage the Finance team ensuring the following is delivered within pre-set time frames:
- Ongoing implementation of financial processes and controls across the whole group.
- Preparing weekly reporting including variance analysis (actuals, forecast and budget) and associated commentary for the group.
- Reconciling reported margins against budget (food & beverage margins) and investigating any anomalies.
- Production of monthly management accounts, with variance analysis vs budget.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for key areas of stock, prepayments and accruals.
- Managing and developing Director and Board Reports.
- Carrying out sales reconciliation between POS and Sage monthly
- Intercompany recharges
- Keeping track of overhead spend at site vs. budget
- Review of banking reconciliations
- Monitoring and following up on site debtors.
- Assist in the production of annual budget.
- Fortnightly and monthly payroll
- Preparation and delivery of quarterly VAT returns
- Ensure all HMRC deadlines are met including corporation tax, filing of management accounts online
- Liaising effectively with external auditors for yearend accounts
- You will be a Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with the ability to challenge and influence senior stakeholders.
- Have a clear understanding of the accounts process for a Hospitality business operating multiple sites with accelerated expansion plans.
- Have excellent working knowledge of Xero and Sage Payroll.
- An understanding of Hospitality Labour Control Systems as well as Hospitality Business Systems would be beneficial.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job