Chase and Holland are delighted to be working with a great brand in the food production market as they recruit a Financial Controller for their Milton Keynes site.
Our client has sites around the UK and are a well-established player in the production of great British produce. They have recently created the role of Financial Controller to help spur on their tremendous growth at their Milton Keynes site. You will be a hands-on individual with a proven track record in delivering results and will be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified. You will be keen to get involved in every aspect of factory operation and of really understanding the business you are helping to grow. You will have previous management skills and be eager to develop the existing finance team. Your communication skills will be second to none, gaining the buy-in of both finance and non-finance staff as well as challenging other departmental managers to improve the business.
You will work closely with the Site Director to deliver the following:
- Being responsible for the day to day finance function
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and supporting management information
- Completion of the monthly Group returns to Divisional Financial Controller
- Compiling capital expenditure requests
- Ensuring spend during capital projects is controlled
- Resolving queries from invoicing, departmental managers, division and group
- Reviewing of weekly accounts preparation and full analysis
- Verification of accurate weekly stock valuation
- Presentations at the weekly P&L meeting
- Working knowledge of the financial model with key customers
- Review and input into product costings
- Verification and challenge of existing product costings and margins
- Continued development of the sites reporting systems
- Working with departmental heads to develop and improve the business
- Verification of savings made by changes in factory process
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts including analysis of major movements
- Main Point of contact at site for both internal and external audit
- Challenge of costs throughout the P&L
- Year-end work including supplying information for taxation
You will be offered a competitive salary with benefits based on your experience.
Chase and Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in Finance and HR recruitment and comfortably service the South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire marketplaces.