Financial Controller – We are currently recruiting on behalf a company based near Manningtree for a Financial Controller for a long established waste management, skip hire and quarry business.
The key focus of this role will be to manage core financial requirements together with a wider role in developing and influencing key aspects of the business. The role is very much hands on and the candidate will be called upon to be a team player in many varying aspects.
Core Financial Requirements:
- Complete responsibility for all aspects of the purchase ledger from posting invoices to payment;
- Deputise and assist sales ledger clerk with raising and posting invoices, sending out monthly statements and remittance advices;
- Responsibility for chasing and collection of debtors and monitoring cash flow
- Responsibility for posting all bank entries and daily bank reconciliations
- Nominal ledger
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments on a monthly basis for management accounts;
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and calculation of depreciation
- Preparation of hire purchase interest schedules and posting monthly
- Reconciliation of control accounts
- Responsibility for processing of weekly and monthly payrolls on Sage Payroll and ensuring auto-enrolment requirements are complied with and includes liaising with pension providers;
- Monthly reporting
- Preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Preparation of monthly reports for board meetings incorporating preparation and review of cash flow forecasts and other relevant KPIs;
- Preparation of yearend audit file and liaising with company auditors.
The candidate will hopefully bring other essential skills to the business including:
- Review, development and maintenance of internal systems and procedures appropriate for the business;
- A good level of skill in IT and keen to be involved in and learn other software packages;
- Providing support to HR functions as and when required
The key qualities and requirements for the ideal candidate are:
- A sound working knowledge of all aspects of Sage and Sage Payroll is essential;
- CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualified desirable but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a small team in a very busy workplace
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communicator and highly motivated
- Basic HR Knowledge may be an advantage
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and highly reputable company and the successful candidate will have an opportunity to develop the role, whilst still achieving the core financial requirements. This role offers a salary of £35,000-£40,000 per annum dependant on experience. Own transport is necessary due to rural location. Hours are Full Time Monday to Friday 8am-5pm
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this incredibly successful company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, and Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: finance, financial, Sage, CIMA, ACA, ACCA, administration, HR
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.