Based in Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, our client, a dynamic growing business with an excellent track record of delivery and success, is looking to recruit a Financial Controller, to manage the day to day running of their Finance Department.
They are looking for a Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACA or ACCA) who has previous experience of running a varied team and supporting a commercially minded Finance Director. The job will involve producing timely, robust and compliant financial reporting to align with current financial practice as well as being responsible for Group financial reporting with relevant financial analysis and recommendations for corrective actions. The candidate will ensure the finance team is developed to maximise potential and to act as the Finance champion within the Group and with external stake-holders.
This company is a privately owned successful with an enviable reputation for quality. They are going through a period of change and development and this role will play a key part in driving the business forward.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACA or ACCA) with demonstrable experience managing the day to day running of a finance function and working with different levels of management, internal customers and suppliers. The candidate will have the ability to strive to seek innovative solutions, drive continuous improvement and able to demonstrate a high degree of intellectual curiosity. The ability to work within a team showing willingness to promote team ethos and support others to achieve their goals is vital as is excellent planning and organisational skills to manage and prioritise workload effectively and work to tight deadlines.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts and audit information and first point of contact for Auditors
- Preparation of Consolidated Group Budget & Forecasts including international subsidiaries & Associated Businesses
- Preparation of Group monthly Management Accounts and reporting them the Senior Management Team
- Preparation of Budgets and Forecasts for UK Group
- Preparation & submission of UK Vat Returns
- Preparation of National Statistics Reports
- Company Secretary for all group companies
- Maintenance of Nominal Ledger & coding
- Cash flow Management
- Review of Debtors Reports and assistance with Overdue Problem Accounts
- FX management
- Review all payment runs
- Review & authorise all expense analyses & reconciliations before posting
- Responsibility for the Monthly Payroll
- Liaison with Bank and HMRC
- Provision of ad hoc financial information to the business
- Day to day management of Accounts Team
For more information about this role or any other Financial Controller jobs in Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability