Are you a qualified accountant who has previous experience at Finance Manager/Financial Controller level within an SME? Would you like to join a high-growth business acting as Finance Business Partner to the MD?
Transparent is currently supporting this ambitious and driven business in the recruitment of this newly created role as Financial Controller. The MD is looking for a high level of commercial awareness as well as proven experience in a 'hands on’ capacity in terms of financial modelling, budgeting and forecasting, preferably within a small to medium sized company.
The overall job purpose is to ensure that the business is run in a compliant manner and that the finance function has robust controls and processes in place to ensure its continued success. You will also be required to provide sound financial advice and guidance to the MD and the wider senior management team, whilst improving financial performance and profitability.
Key duties will include:
- Timely and accurate production of monthly sales statistics and management accounts, including rolling income statement, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts, some of which will need to be built and implemented
- Daily monitoring of liquidity and FX exposure and, when necessary, purchase of FX
- Arranging credit insurance cover and monitoring credit insurance exposure relevant to CID (Confidential Invoice Discounting)
- Managing external relationships with banks, insurers, auditors, etc.
- Development of annual budget model and setting budgets in line with the Sales Team and MD
- Preparation, submission and agreement of Corporation Tax computation
- Company’s secretarial function and various administrative responsibilities such as pensions, insurances, HR and utilities, etc.
- Assisting the management team and other employees in the development of the business
- Management and development of a small finance team
- Authorising payments and running payroll
In return, our client offers a competitive base salary and the chance to make your mark in this newly created role which is key to the continued success of this high-growth SME.
Should you wish to find out further information, please contact Samantha Harris.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job