MERJE have been retained to exclusively search for a Financial Controller for an entrepreneurial, growing manufacturing business. The role offers excellent opportunity for progression with the organisation with the potential to move into the Finance Director role.
Leading the effective operation and delivery of day-to-day financial controls and processes whilst supporting the Financial Director on company-wide projects,
Key responsibilities include
- To develop, maintain and continually improve robust and regulatory compliant financial controls and processes throughout the business
- To produce accurate and timely monthly, and year-end financial information including group and divisional performance
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Develop, mentor (and recruit wherever appropriate) the finance team including working with each direct report to establish goals and objectives twice a year to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Manage the annual audit and the working relationship with the auditors
- Treasury management, including ensuring timely and accurate monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities and regular tasks such as cash flow management and timely invoicing.
- Oversee the timely and effective production of the payroll, employee benefits and the UK pension scheme.
- To maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance team at all times.
- To support the Financial Director with special projects, workflow process improvements and reporting requirements.
- To monitor Credit Control and ensure targets are met.
With over 3 years post qualification experience in a finance function in a growing business above £10m revenues you will have advanced Excel and financial modelling skills, including PIVOTS along with being willing to be hands on and work autonomously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.