About the company
An award-winning Media company with a high-profile client base seek a highly motivated and ambitious ACA with 1 to 2 years PQE to join them as Financial Controller. Reporting to the Finance Director, this is a newly created role due to the continued growth of the agency.
Candidates will be practice trained with a minimum of one years’ experience in a Financial Accountant of Finance Manager role and will be looking to progress to the role of Financial Controller. Previous experience of statutory and management reporting is essential.
This is an ideal opportunity for a technically strong accountant who is keen to develop their leadership experience within an energetic and collaborative environment. Previous management experience is not essential but the potential to lead is.
- Heading up the day to day finance team with autonomy over core activities such as Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, expenses and systems. Direct team of 2, 14 indirect.
- Driving continuous improvement, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures.
- Develop a high performing team who are actively sought out for their financial acumen and advice.
Group Reporting and Management Accounts:
- Manage the Partnership finance timetable and month-end process.
- Review the monthly management accounts of the three holding companies of the Group.
- Report the Divisional Balance Sheets to Group.
- Support the FP&A Manager with monthly group consolidations, analysis and reporting to the Group.
Treasury & Working Capital:
- Prepare weekly short-term cash-flow forecasts for the Group.
- Review the Group companies’ balance sheets and working capital.
- Review Bank reconciliations.
- Continual development, maintenance and monitoring of all financial controls and systems within the business.
- Manage the internal audit process on an annual basis.
Statutory Accounts & Audit:
- Prepare statutory accounts for the Group companies (currently a mix of 4 trading and 2 holding companies).
- Manage the year-end audit process including preparation of audit requirements and resolution of queries.
- Prepare and analyse the Group VAT return.
- Internal point of contact for VAT queries.
- Prepare the Corporate Tax Analysis to support the Group Tax Manager in her preparation of the Group tax returns.
- Willingness to provide support to the finance function and to carry out such duties and take on additional responsibilities as may be agreed from time to time with the Finance Director.
- Manage paprika software and its users to maximise efficiency within the House and across the agency, overseeing training where required
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounts