Do you have experience in helping a start-up grow? Are you an intelligent, commercial Financial Controller with previous expeirence in retail or the media and creative sector? Our client, an international fashion and design company is looking for a knowledgeable and commercial Financial Controller with start-up experience. As a Financial Controller you will have experience helping a small company grow. The Financial Controller will report directly into the CEO and will have experience managing a finance function. With retailers such as Harvey Nichols and offices in New York, the ideal candidate will have an interest in the creative or fashion industry.
The responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Cash flow and working capital management
- Management of banking relationships.
- Preparation of management reports
- Payroll processing.
- Training and management of the small finance team and supervision of daily transactional processing.
- Liaising with the auditors and the CEO
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- An experienced Finance Manager or Financial Controller with a good understanding of working capital and financial management in a very busy environment.
- Experienced in helping a start-up grow
- Experienced in a fast-moving transactional industry, ideally the fashion or design industry
- Able to make a significant contribution to the commercial aspects of the business with a strategic mindset.
- Happy to work within an SME environment and prepared to get immersed in a fascinating business.
- Proactive, self-motivated and committed.
- Advanced Sage Line 50 and Excel experience
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified