Want to work for an award winning Film & Television & company? Are you a qualified accountant with media and management experience? Are you looking for an interesting role within a growing finance team and want to work for a company with an amazing couple of years ahead of them.
This role has become available following a highly successful couple of years and with a very healthy outlook and a solid growth plan this is an exciting time to join this established internationally acclaimed business. You will work for a leader in animation and special effects who has won a number of awards and is set to have a very healthy future.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for all financial reporting for the UK office, including forecasting and planning. Assisting senior finance management, this role will responsible for the day to day UK operations, providing support to any initiatives such as new projects, and working processes whilst taking overall responsibility for the managing and developing the UK finance team.
- Manage the workload and development of the UK finance team (5-7 people), ensuring effectiveness and productivity
- Ensure full preparation of the management accounts, ensuring reliable management reports are produced and balance sheets are fully reconciled
- Investigate and analyse any variances to budget and scrutinise any differences
- Review accruals & prepayments on a monthly basis
- Manage the cash-flow of the business including forecasting of receipts and payments and ensuring the billing is completed efficiently;
- Review the payroll prior to submission for payment
- Prepare information for annual tax computations and prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Fully review the year end requirements and ensure reports are submitted on time
- Work with the company auditors and ensure the efficient running of the year end audit
- Establish finance related policies and processes and that current/implemented ones are adhered too
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with minimum of 2/3 years PQE
- Strong technical and commercial accounting skills ideally gained within a Media or similar environment
- Previous staff management skills is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relations with non financial individuals
- Highly professional and proactive, yet down to earth approach with a strong problem solving mind
- Highly analytically and commercially minded
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to meet and exceed deadlines
- Qualified Accountant
- Finance Controller
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job