Financial Controller; Chester; Contract
A vacancy has opened for maternity cover within the finance organisation with our client based near Chester for the position of Manufacturing Controller.
The successful candidate will join the client, controlling to ensure planning, control and steering of an enterprise and/or specific function,manage targets, workload and workforce and to support discussions and decision making at management level, and challenge and support the business in terms of financial and operational performance improvement.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Drive performance management and improvement.
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data on performance against budgets/targets highlighting discrepancies and risks andopportunities.
- Propose/coordinate mitigation actions if needed to support discussions and decision making at Management level.
- Control Programs and Operations actuals vs forecasts, corrective measures, hourly-rates, price audit).
- Contribute to earned value management when required and contribute to cash planning (capex, inventory, supplier spentplanning).
- Use financial processes and tools, basic legal and HR processes, and basic project management and technical knowledge inoperational areas,
- Ensure timely and meaningful planning and reporting.
- Establish consolidated financial reporting (define, harmonize and ensure consistency and compliance, incl. tools).
- Manage targets set by programs (non-recurring and recurring cost) through convergence process.
- Plan workload and workforce according to targets and function strategy, plan and steer resources accordingly together with Human Resources.
- Drive financials and workload planning/forecast process (synthesize plans and challenge contributions).
- Support M&A activities.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Finance or Controlling, or a related discipline.
- ACMA professional affiliation preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Advanced user of MS Excel.
- Basic SAP.
- Experience of business partnering and direct functional support - working with businesses outside of the finance organisation.
- Negotiation level English language skills, other languages would be a plus.
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job