Our client a Private Equity backed business, focussing in infrastructure technology require a Financial Controller to join their rapidly expanding team based in the West End of London.
The purpose of the role is to manage and develop a finance team supporting a business with ambitious growth plans. The financial reporting and commercial solutions to be provided will play a key role in the future growth and profitability of the business. The role supports the Finance Director in order to ensure that all department functional objectives are met or exceeded.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role
- Manage and develop the finance team and ensure an effective service is provided to the business.
- Work closely with the Finance Director on the co-ordination of monthly forecasting, annual budgeting and business planning activities.
- Prepare, analyse and interpret key financial and non-financial data and identify key performance issues to be addressed.
- Weekly cash flow forecasts.
- Report the monthly management accounts and KPI data to senior management.
- Management of billing; credit control; and reporting of aged debt.
- Management of suppliers; supplier and expense payment runs.
- Management of monthly payroll (done by external payroll providers).
- Analysis of unit profitability, reporting and co-ordination of investor query resolution.
- Provide guidance and support to the senior management team as appropriate.
- Input and support the business development opportunities and company governance.
- Working with the Finance Director in the implementation of new IT systems and controlled business processes for finance and playing a key role in the implementation of other sales and business-wide systems and processes.
- Deputise for the Finance Director as required.
Ideally you will be :
- Good education to at least graduate level/equivalent.
- Appropriate accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Experience of managing a commercially focused finance team, preferably in a fast paced, SME environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job