My client is a US Owned manufacturing business based in Hereford are looking to recruit for a number two in finance reporting directly into the Finance Director. You will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and reporting system to fulfil corporate and management requirements relating to financial, management and statutory accounts of the Company for three business units.
- Supervises, directly and through team leaders, the activities of staff to
- Organises the overall workload, advising and participating as necessary, to ensure that correct information is provided within the required time scale and in order of priority.
- Takes action as required by, or with the approval of, the Finance Director, to safeguard the income and assets of the Company within the scope of his assigned responsibility.
- Supervises investigations or calculations necessary to provide data for and/or support recommendations relating to, e.g. aspects of annual/periodic accounts, capital investment, systems improvement, etc. Submits reports, where appropriate, and implements findings.
- Organises, supervises and participates, as necessary, in the preparation of Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly PCC reviews, reviewing the content and presentation of financial information contained therein.
- Monitors actual results and identifies, interprets and evaluates deviations from Annual Operating Plan and/pr forecasts
- Lead contact for internal and external auditors.
- Reviews Internal Audit report findings as affecting his assigned responsibility and implements recommendations
- Keeps informed about accounting techniques, financial and tax legislation and regulations, Company products, Company organization etc. Maintains expert personal knowledge about such of these as affect his assigned responsibility.
- Co-ordinates Government Capital Expenditure Claims and ensures that procedures are developed and implemented to meet changing Government legislation.
- Examines, new accounting techniques or requirements which may have company-wide implications. Devises and develops methods and procedures and trains staff in their implementation.
- Recommends changes in systems and procedures and any other changes which will improve efficiency and reduce costs; implements agreed changes. Seeks to improve corporate accounting/financial forecasting and reporting systems through the use and extension of latest computer techniques and facilities and, where approved, may act as Accounting Department representative working with specialized staff to develop and install enhancements.
- Supervises the Preparation of periodic Cash Flow Forecasts and carries out a GAP analysis versus the actual.
- Participates in Hedging activities for both currency and metals with a view to protecting margins by removing risk.
- Prepares, updates and, when approved, issues procedure and systems manuals relating to his assigned area of responsibility
- Assesses the performance of assigned staff, reviews their progress, recommends any necessary action and, where required, assists in the training and development of accounting staff.
- Signs cheques, Traders Credits and other negotiable documents drawn on the Company's Bankers, together with requests for foreign exchange payments.
- Responsible for site wide Sox compliance
- Deputise for the FD in their absence
Education and Qualifications
- Degree - Finance/Accounting
- Possession of a professional accounting qualification, i.e. ACMA, ACCA, ACA, is mandatory in this position, together with a minimum of three years' post-qualification accounting experience in industry
In return you will receive a very competitive basic salary and benefits package. You will also be joining a company that believes in developing their people, and offer opportunity and progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job