Murray McIntosh is currently supporting a charity based in Guildford on the recruitment of a Financial Controller. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation in which you will lead both the financial and commercial functions while gaining exposure in liaising with a variety of stakeholders up to and including the CEO.
In this role you will be responsible for management accounting as well as developing your relationship with key stakeholders, providing accurate and in-depth management information to support decision making. Further responsibilities include:
- Preparation of statutory financial information including consolidations
- Analyse the financial performance of the business, contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasting
- Oversee the financial processes for mergers and acquisitions including financial due-diligence
- Completing financial modelling for investment proposals
- Developing systems and procedures to ensure effective management and control of the company finances
- Liaise with external advisors
- Line manage 3 direct reports and 7 indirect reports
To be considered for this position, you will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent with a strong commercial acumen. You will also have experience in management accounting along with excellent knowledge of accounting procedures and compliance issues. Experience of charity governance is not essential but is preferred.
In return, this position is offering a basic salary between £45,000 to £50,000 (depending on experience). Further benefits include free on-site parking, pension scheme, private healthcare, subsidised gym membership and a fantastic range of high street discounts.