SF Group are currently recruiting for a Site Financial Controller for a service company in Derby. The site turns over £20 million, and is a successful business in its own right, but is part of a multi billion group.
As the Financial Controller, you will be the finance professional on site and member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), with responsibility for Finance, to advise and lead the SMT in all financial matters and ensuring the business achieves its strategic and financial objectives, through providing commercial support, challenge and direction.
You will also be managing a finance team to ensure that it provides the required support for the site.
- Positively influence future performance of the site by striking the balance of support and challenge
- Add a commercial finance perspective to the development plans of the site looking at both existing and new business streams.
- Ensure accurate reports on the financial performance of the site
- Challenge and develop the reporting and MI processes
- Ensure that financial systems and processes are fit for purpose and consistently delivered.
- In conjunction with the Senior Management Team, identify and maximise opportunities, whilst also identifying and mitigating risks.
- Strive to deliver improved performance and maintain strong and effective financial governance.
- Ensure working capital is controlled without compromising performance.
- Develop and inspire the Finance team to deliver its key objectives, with a focus on business partnering
- In conjunction with the Senior Management Team, coach and support the various business managers using appropriate, and consistent, language/styles to ensure results are delivered and understood.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with solid experience of controlling, managing and directing the financial affairs of a £20m plus turnover business, with an ability to support significant commercial interactions and negotiations. You will have previous senior level experience with gravitas and influencing skills. You will be an experienced leader who is able to gain the trust and support of their team, lead and implement change and engage with key stakeholders throughout the business. You will have a strong commercial acumen with a skill set that combines strategic and operational experience and a customer orientated focus. You will be a self starter with high levels of drive, energy and integrity.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work in a strategic and commercially focused role.
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, then please apply now for immediate consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job