Job reference: MF-4277
Financial Controller - Permanent Full Time - East Sussex
We are seeking a Financial Controller to join our finance department. You will be responsible for the day to day running of the Finance team and delivering high performance, continuous improvement and excellent financial analysis to the business.
This is a full time role, where the successful applicant will work Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
- Management of the month-end financial reporting process to ensure management accounts are produced in a timely manner and all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Production of Group consolidated financial statements including the detailed monthly management accounts and associated financial reports for each Group company.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of key balance sheet accounts and review monthly cash forecasts setting out key assumptions, sensitivities and commentary on variances to previous forecasts; Developing reports and analyses that are crucial to the management of the business.
- This role will work both with the finance teams and other users within the business to implement this.
- Introducing an annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Work with external providers of legal, accounting, audit and other professional advice, especially to ensure the compliance and filing of Statutory Financial Statements to Companies House and corporate tax returns to HMRC.
- Assisting purchase and sales ledger with managing workload and introducing new processes. Motivate manage and inspire the finance team.
- Responsible for Insurance policies. To assess and mitigate commercial and insurance risks and to be the key point of contact with the brokers.
- Qualified Accountant.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate staff and to delegate effectively.
- Experience of delivering detailed reports and advice to senior management.
- To be able to apply modern financial systems and keep up to date with trends and changing business approaches.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to priorities own workload and that of others in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to rapidly interpret, concisely explain and act on complex information.
- The ability to anticipate change and adapt to new situations and issues to exploit potential opportunities.
- Experience of leading a finance function delivering high performance, continuous improvement and excellent financial analysis.
Salary - £45,000 to £50,000 per annum. 25 days annual leave, Perkbox, Health Cash Plan
Please apply for immediate consideration