This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing specialist services company as Financial Controller. Reporting to the Finance Director of this c£25m turnover division of a highly successful group this is an ideal opportunity for a qualified / finalist accountant seeking a role that will utilise and further develop a broad range of skills and experience.
Based at the company's Head Office but with a significant amount of travel (initially up to 50%) you will support the Finance Director in all aspects of financial reporting and control including statutory accounting and returns, management accounts preparation & analysis, supervising finance assistants / credit controllers and ensuring that the operations management team receive timely and accurate management information. Your will assist with budgets preparation and forecasts together with the migration of accounting systems onto Sage 200.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) or finalist
- Good all round finance and accounting experience, ideally gained in a medium sized business or accounting practice
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts and returns, management accounts and financial analysis
- Good IT skills, include Excel, Sage 200 or similar accounting packages
- Able to work on your own initiative and to support / develop junior staff
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- A flexible approach and able to travel / spend periods away from home on a regular basis
- An enthusiastic and positive approach - keen to support and learn from the Finance Director
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary (c£40,000), company car, pension and other company benefits including travel expenses / accommodation when working away from home.
To apply please forward your CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period. Please only apply if you can be flexible regarding UK travel and are eligible to work in the UK on a permanent full time basis.
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job