Would you like to take on a role that allows you to take ownership of your work, be creative in your approach and get rewarded for your contribution and commitment?
Are you hungry and ambitious for more success and responsibility?
Do you ever feel that your current role just isn't fulfilling or rewarding enough?
In your new role as a Financial Controller working with us, you can expect to be challenged, as we will give you as much responsibility as you can handle.
We want you to bring your unique set of skills and experience to a special place where you can reach your true potential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
We help major global manufacturers understand, optimise and improve both manufacturing capability and business performance. Our business is built on people like you! We are looking for an exceptional Financial Controller who has what it takes to make an impact at our Head Office located in the Birmingham Business Park.
We are investing in our employees, training and services we provide. This will provide you with perfect platform to demonstrate your expertise and experience, helping us to achieve our longer term strategies.
As a key member of the Finance Team you will provide financial support to assist the site in achieving its key objectives. Key elements will include:
- Supporting Senior Leadership team in setting the annual business plan.
- Providing monthly financial and non-financial metric reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Oversee management of an effective process-led financial management system
- Effective cash management - Management of debtors and creditors
Financial Controller | Finance | debtors | Creditors | VAT | Reporting | Management
- Manage the accounting system, ensuring that daily accounting is up to date and accurate, for our own and Oversight businesses.
- Process expert for the financial processes.
- Responsible for management reporting of monthly financial and non-financial metric reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure financial forecasts are aligned with the S&OP process.
- Support the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Support the financial modelling and analysis in support of the development of long term strategic initiatives and business plans.
- Responsible for cash management and the development of cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast. Minimise working cash cycle through optimising debtor management and WIP management and manage creditor payments responsibly whilst maintaining planned cash targets.
- Oversee the annual external audit and ensure that the company achieves high levels of corporate governance and financial control, including compliance with all appropriate statutory, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Responsible for creation of UK VAT submissions and UK Corporation Tax submissions
- Ensure all accounting documentation is held in line with statutory retention policies
- Liaise and collaborate with the company's business advisors. This includes working with auditors, insurance brokers and bankers.
- Company car management and administration
As a leading provider of specialist expert consultancy and training to manufacturing organisations, we deliver our services both in the UK and overseas. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) and has been delivering organisational and personal improvement programmes for nearly 20 years, across many different industries.
Being based in Birmingham provides a convenient location for our open course training, however, our consultants will typically spend a significant amount of their time at client premises, both in the UK and overseas.
Everyone in our team is actively encouraged to play their part in the development of the organisation and we follow our values of Professionalism, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation and Passion. We are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Silver award in 2017 and follows a Quality Management System aligned to ISO9001.