Financial Controller - Coleshill - £50 - 58K
Are you looking to make a move into a fast paced PE backed organisation? Are you constantly looking to make improvements to processes and enjoy developing, guiding and mentoring a team?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a PE backed organisation in Coleshill with the recruitment of a new Financial Controller, who will possess the ability to take control of all day to day financial matters for the organisation. The role offers line management experience to a team of 8 and will need an individual who is not afraid of driving change within a fast paced environment. This is a great opportunity for an Accountant who has worked in a PE backed organisation previously and is looking to take the next step on the ladder, or somebody that is keen to build their experience within that type of environment.
The organisation are in drastic need of change and require an individual who can drive changes, improve all processes and ensure reporting is accurate and on time. The team have had a lack of direction recently and part of the incoming Financial Controllers role will be to coach and train the team, to ensure that deadlines are met and that working at speed becomes the norm.
As the Financial Controller your responsibilities will include:
- Production of the regular monthly management information
- Presentation of the financial information internally to the Leadership group
- Short term (up to 3 months) Cash flow forecasting and control
- Continual development of the Financial KPIs
- Manage the whole month end closure process; prepare, review and post monthly journals where necessary
- VAT reconciliations / EEC sales lists
- Prepare analysis of financial information for monitoring reports when required
- Manage annual financial audits
- Provide an external interface with banks, auditors and key vendors
- Provide oversight over and financial control of the payroll
- Submit all external reporting/updates
- Review annual contract renewals (business/credit insurance)
- Provide the business with the ability to manage and control the overhead costs.
- Cost accuracy (proactive review, not reactive)
Is the Financial Controller role right for me?
The right person for this role will be Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA with previous experience gained within a fast paced and dynamic environment. With a junior team in place, the incumbent will be seen as a source of information and a mentor with brilliant communications skills and a personality that is considered, fair and transparent. A hands on attitude is essential, with a willingness to be involved in all accounting matters. Day to day responsibilities will include preparing management & statutory accounts, business partnering with the wider business and providing detailed MI to the leadership team.
Financial Controller Package:
- £50,000 - £58,000
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday