I am delighted to have been retained by an impressive, private-equity backed SME as they look for a new Financial Controller.
Based close to East Grinstead, my client is an innovative and market-leading company with ambitious owners who are investing across all business areas to ensure their growth plans are realised. In support of the FD, the new Financial Controller will be tasked with leading a small team, overseeing monthly management accounts, supporting budgeting and forecasting and providing insightful analysis to supplement decision making. This is an excellent opportunity for a high quality candidate with demonstrable experience in a dynamic small business who wants to continue to develop their skills under a talented management group.
Further tasks include:
- Manage the month end timetable so it is adhered to and that all finance related deadlines are achieved.
- Ensure that the cash forecasts are updated daily and on weekly basis issued to senior management.
- Provide the board and senior management with analysis that will help them make informed business decisions and shape the forecast for future years. This will primarily be sales and stock analysis.
- To continue to raise the profile of the finance function in the company by the ensuring that the staff equipped to provide the necessary data to the rest of the business; allowing the key decision makers to perform their roles knowing they are armed with accurate and timely information.
- Ad hoc analysis reports as assigned by the Finance Director.
Skills and Experience:
- A recognized accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- Team management experience and relevant post qualification experience in a senior role, demonstrating financial and management accounting responsibilities, audit liaison, detailed analysis and budgeting/forecasting skills
- Highly proficient in excel and competent in standard software packages like Word and Outlook
- Able to meet deadlines, function under time pressures and juggle changing priorities